Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Finally it is a picture of the completed River Rapids sock with the sock swap dyed yarn from Ashley. Isn't this pattern perfect for this yarn and color. I am so in love with this. These blues are perfect for this pattern, it really looks like river rapids flowing.

On an incredibly Happy or Sad note. Today my baby turned 5. 5! I cannot believe it.

I feel so old.

I cannot believe I have a 5 year old. It still boggles my mind. She had a wonderful birthday and is very happy and very excited for school tomorrow. She went one day last week for a half day, then the next 3 days for half days and after labor day it is up to full days. She is so excited.

I have the rest of the second river rapids sock to do it is almost up to the heel. Also I joined the Sock Wars. I so cannot wait for that, it looks like total fun. Plus I joined the friendship afghan. You get a list of others who joined and then make a square to send to each person on the list. Then they all send you one square as well and in the end you should have enough squares for an afghan. I love stuff like this. It lets you connect with others in something that will last forever. It will be filled with memories. Well off to bed I have to get the little one up really early to get her ready and fed before she has to catch the bus. And if I dwell on it too long I will so start crying.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your little princess is beautiful! She looks so happy.

I love the sock - the colors and the pattern are perfect.

The afghan swap sounds like lots of fun. What a neat idea.