Wednesday, August 23, 2006

IM ALIVE

I am alive and I am still here. It has been so so nuts. I still had my SIL kids and then I got sick and hurt myself. Then I had to do a suprise party for my MIL and SIL who turned 60 and 40 respectively within a week of each other. Not to mention that the SIL whose kids now practically live with me flaked out on me and I had to do everything by myself. Then the day after the party I left to go to NJ yet again. I got home. Crashed> got ready for today, The open house day at school. The first day, Sob!!! I am so proud of her but I do not want to imagine myself having a kid in kindergarten.

Knitting wise.
I have finished a sock in the river rapids pattern with the cake dyed yarn from my sock swap ashley. It is so cool. I love this sock. Sorry no pic today as I finished it while I was in NJ and I left it there so my sis has to mail it up to me. LOL. I started a sweater that my SIL (the one who just turned 40)gave me the pattern to as a hint last year. It is gorgous but. Each panel has 15 cables on it and it is slow going and tedious but when this is done it will rock. It is not my fault it wasn't done in time for the birthday party the pattern she gave me was incomplete and I only have the cables and then half the front no neck back or sleeves. So I do have a pic of that and once I get the rest of the pattern it will be more complete hopefully. Enough chatter here are some pics.



Look at how killer that center cable is. I love the look of this.

Biker Baby



Here is her 5th birthday present

Our first day going to kindergarten and meeting the teacher. Tomorrow is the first day alone for a half day. I know I will be crying. I'm such a sap. OK need to watch rockstar. Pics of sock tomorrow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aww, I remember my daughter's first day of school. It was pretty sad, but nothing like putting her on the bus for 1st grade. I figured I had made it through kindergarten, I would be fine. No way, cried the whole way to work that day - guess the fact that she was going to school for the ENTIRE day did me in. She's 20 now and I remember it like it was yesterday.

That sweater is going to be gorgeous!!!!! Love the cables, love the color (I think you should make it for yourself though - you can always act like you just didn't get the hint ;)

p.s. did you check out the baby sweater I made from the yarn you sent me? Awesome yarn!!! here's the pic http://flickr.com/photos/noolieknits/213573540/in/set-72157594202804663/