Wednesday, March 01, 2006


Since March is Red/Pink month and today is the first of the month I figured to slowly progress into it I would show you the red heart in my tattoo. Color in life is very important to me and I cherish all colors and they all have different meanings and importance to me. I did a lot of reasearch before I got this tattoo which was my first at 19. I loved the pattern but I did not want all the hearts red like the pictures showed. So when I finally decided to get inked I asked the artist if he could make the hearts different colors. Of course it cost me more but he would do what ever I wanted if I was willing to pay. So came about my tat. Every heart is a differnt color and every heart and color represent a differnt part or person in my life. When I was in college we had an assignment to write an article on color in life and I chose this topic and explained it in detail. My teacher loved it so much she submitted it to a mag for publication and it was accepted. Cool Tat to writer. Who woud've thought? This particular heart is the only wavy one and the only red one. It symbolizes to me that true love is not perfect and should be fire and passion and constantly moving and changing to adapt to the needs at the moment. It shoulld be hot, it should be painful (which ironically this was the most painful part of this tat) This heart is for all the love I have had and all the love I will continue to have for everyone in my life. Posted by Picasa

No comments: