Sunday, February 24, 2008

"This is my chocolate!"


I got to go to the NETA 2008 Spa knit and spin weekend yesterday.
I have been wanting to go forever but I hate going alone and I don't have anyone I know who is as into knitting and spinning as I am. Since it was in Freeport this year I managed to convince my SIL to go with me as long as she could hit the shops. She was a real trooper about it too. She walked around with me. She ohhed and ahhed with me and pretended to be excited and love looking at all the fibery and yarny goodness. My payment to her. A trip to the Chocolate Factory. No Problem. As I told her while we were discussing this and walking around looking at all the merchants "This is my chocolate!" I had a blast. There were so many cool things to do and see. There were so many nice people to talk to. I got to meet THE Spunky Ecclectic. I got to meet Dave from The Merlin Tree. I got some more spunky fiber and I got some great Icelandic from a shop in Limerick Maine Frelsi Farmsthat is so cool. She had pictures of the animals the wool came from. I love that it is just so personal. And she was so super nice and helpful too. I brought more home but for right now you will have to wait for the unveiling (not that anyone really reads this anyway).

As for knitting I sent my hat of death off and I got the hat of death. I loved my hat. I did all black Lamb's pride binary cables and I was so pretty. I got a blue and green one. It was very pretty and looked so nice, but what are my two least favorite colors? That's right green and blue. I don't mind, Kiki loves the hat and it looks so cute on her. It just seems that everytime I join something like this I get green stuff. Oh well the risks we take right? It's not that big a deal and everything has always been so pretty, just not me. Good thing the kids aren't picky right now. Oddly enough some of the roving I got from spunky at spa was called swamp monster and was shades of green. I loved it and mostly my SIL loved it so I got it to spin and make her something out of to show my appreciation for going with me. I am also working on finishing my flip-top mittens, I am amking a pair of fingerless mits for friend to wear at work. And I have some lovely seacoast yarns bamboo that will be socks shortly. OK enought for now especially since I don't have any pictures to add as my desktop still not working well.

SPA rocked, I had a nice relaxing day with no hubby, no kids, no mom bitching at me, and it was my heaven and it was my chocolate!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love Amy's fiber and I know just the fiber you mean when you mention Swamp montser. I love the colorway (of course I love all greens)! I'm glad your SIL decided to go with you; maybe next year you can spend the weekend or at least spend the day spinning and knitting with us.