Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Will this snow ever end?

Don't get me wrong I love the snow (to some extent) and I don't mind it for the most part, but this year we got it earlier then unusal and it just won't stop. It is snowing again today and quite heavy too. We are all sick. The baby got bronchitis and sinusitis the beginning of January and she did good with her meds and was better in a week. About 2 weeks ago she got it again. While we were fighting that the older one comes home from school coughing. Last Friday I woke up feeling horrible. My thoat hurt, my body ached, and I was all snotty. We are all still fighting this for the past week once we get home we just lay around. I kept the older one home from school monday and she was better. Last night she wasn't eating, drinking, nothing. All she wanted to do was sleep and she had a fever. Baby had a fever, mommy had a fever, and daddy had a fever. Obviously we just keep passing it around to each other no matter how hard I try to keep the germs at bay. Ugh! Right now daddy is home in bed sleeping it's almost 11am. Do I get to stay in bed and rest? Nope, everyday I'm up at 6 with the kids and go all day long. He had yesterday and today off from work and he'll sleep all day both days. It's no wonder I can't get better. 4 hours of sleep a day just aint' doing it anymore I guess. Any way knitting.

I have been working on occasion when I can focus and willingly hold my head up. Battle of the Soxes started midnight friday. I have sock #1 done and sock # 2 halfway done. My goal is to have them in the mail by friday at the latest. As I start Hat Attack on friday. Stupid you say? Well I wasn't sick when I signed up for them. I could do it no problem. I started sock #1 saturday and worked on it off and on and sunday it was done. It is now Wednesday and sock 2 is only half way (which makes me mad they should have been mailed by now) but I can only do so much being ill. Thankfully the pattern is a great one from the wonderful Spunky Eclectic and it doesn't take too much thought to work on it.

Wow is that all I've done?
Lets see my last blog was Jan 11. I went to NJ on the 17th and was home on the 21st. I worked on my fingerless mits while there and once back. I've been working, cleaning, being sick, and going to a funeral. I did have to go up to Houlton for the funeral and was able to stop in Carol's Country Yarns and got some great stuff. I'm at work right now so I don't have any pictures and can't remember all the names of what I bought but It was some great stuff. I will update later tonight with it all.

No comments: