Sunday, March 23, 2008

Knitting and/or wool-ish related content.


Knitty's Hedera in Seacoast Hand painted yarns that I got at Fiberphilia. Can't remember what colorway it was but its pretty and I think it Is a bamboo blend.


Some more spinning. This is Spunky Eclectic Swamp monster that my SIL in picked out at SPA She want's a felted laptop cozy out of it. I will be happy to oblige but at the same point in time even tho I am not a fan of green I love this the shading the blending and just the over all quality of it. I really will hate to part with this one. I am so going to have to get more soon to do something for myself out of it as I do love it. It is just plain merino and oh so soft and spongy and pretty.


Stretched out view of the Hedera I think it is ok but I don't know if the pattern detracts from the colors or the colors detract from the pattern. I will have to see. I shortened them down considerable from the pattern and I am making more a pair of springy ankle socks out of it.


Kiki has decided she wants to knit as she is always after me to knit her some washcloths. She loves playing with washcloths. I am not a fan of knittting them myself and I am so not a fan of the sugar and cream crap, so I told her if she wanted some she woud have to learn how to make them. So she did. She is working on her very first knitting proect and she is doing great she really picked it up quick. (sob) I'm so proud of my little girl! I was afraid the crafty gene had skipped her, but apparently it didn't I am so happy!!!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: