Monday, March 03, 2008

Some of my own actual knitting,

My fingerless mittens. Why is that I always seem to do projects for others in a day or two but these for me have been over a month on the needles. I have made a half dozen of these mittens and I know I can do a pair in a weekend, so why have these taken so long? That's right they are for me, and others need warm hands more then I do in this snow hell we call Maine. We've had something like 138 inches total snow this season. The worst year of snow since lik 1939. Is it just me or is that nuts? I'm about done with the snow. I don't mind the snow. I like it in small amounts, but this year is crazy. We just got 18 more inches this weekend. We have at least 2 more months of this to get thru. I need warmth!


Fingerless mits to keep my friends hands warm at work. These are Vine by Magknits from Dec '07 in Blue Sky Alpaca and silk on size 3. iIlove them and they look so great on me don't they? I really hated to part with them. But they will have a good home.


My packaging for her. I love Easter. I love decorating eggs I have already started I love it that much.


My latest spinning attempt. This is Spunky Eclectic I so can't remember what color or what type of wool. I think if was BFL. But I couldn't really read what the colorway was (it was hand written) so I never really knew and have since lost the actual label too. It came out nice tho I think. I do like the colors. A little to much for me but the girls will love anything made out of it.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: