Sunday, March 23, 2008


Sewing!
Yes on occasion I will pull out the machine, dust if off (cuz I don't have the ambition to sew a cover) and make something.

We (meaning hubby and I) Just redid mom's kitchen and she found some material and wanted valances and like shelf curtains so she asked me to do them for her. I figured since I had to get the machine anyway I would attempt a purse I had been wanting to make. I have seen some of the knitting bag/purses and just didn't love any and figured I could try to make my own. Well lets just say I am a rudimentary sewer at best so it didn't come out so great, but at the same point in time not too horrible either.

Toile ( my fav) red duck, and some red black ribbon and this is what I came up with.
There are many, many mistakes but oh well I love it. BTW next time sew the ribbon on the outside parts of the bag before you attach the lining (Sometimes I am really a dumbass) so I had to carefully sew the ribbon on by hand.


I put some cute cherry material for the lining and the some pockets on both sides, and I took my leftover bottom material and made a middle pouch to hold my knitting and keep it free from all the pursy stuff I put some magnetic snaps on the pouch and the bag itself (almost lost a finger doing that) and over all it is just right, a little big for my typical purse but when you do a purse/knitting bag I guess it has to be. It holds all I need on the sides and in the knitting part is my Hedera sock. I call this a success and I have been carrying it proudly.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.