Wednesday, February 22, 2006


Here is the Crystal Palace Cotton Chenille I got blue, purple and natural white. I am using the purple and natural white to make washcloths to give to my sister for her baby due in April, I have been wanting to do the Cuddle toys pattern as well but did not want to pay shipping up to 5 dollars on a pattern. So when I bought the cotton chenille from City Side I asked about it we did some reasearch and were able to come up with and order catalogue for her to order the pattern thru her shop for me. I was so happy about this. I much prefer to give my local LYS and all my local stores business as opposed to going elsewhere. I don't mind ordering of the net when I cannot get something local but I do try to go local first. I am glad I did as now she is ordering the pattern I can get it from her and on top of that other knitter in Bangor Maine can now get the pattern here too with out as much leg work and searching as I have had to do. That really makes me happy. They have a Thursday knit table time at the shop and I would love to go but I also feel funny about just going and showing up and being alone as well. I am so wierd about stuff like that. Maybe once the pattern comes in I will go and work on it there so they can see it too and maybe I will make one and give it to them so they can have it on display. But I do need to talk to them about getting a bigger selection of the cotton chenille in stock as they had these three colors. I took the last natural white, a yellow, a pinkish color, and red. That was all I would love to do one of the cuddle toys in turquoise for my sister she would love that. I will have to ask them if they can get more colors. Posted by Picasa

No comments: