Wednesday, February 15, 2006

My flip top mittens got done last night and went to the recipient today for his birthday. Not reallly sure if he liked them but he is not very expressive. I loved them and was so proud of how they came out. I am vorking very dilligently now on baby projects for my sister. The Jovi Baby sweater, now I am going to my LYS City Side Yarn in Bangor to pick up some cotton chenille to do washclothes and then I an going to make some socks and make a topiary out of the wash cloths and socks as well. Her shower is March 18th I hope I can get it all done by then. I am looking forward to a trip to my LYS but I greatly miss the LYS's I had in NJ to go to, Knit n' purl on Route 9 and My favorite Wooly Monmouth in Red Bank. If you are anywhere near Red Bank you have to check Wooly Monmouth out they have great stuff and Dori is so nice and helpful I really miss going there. When I go down for my sister's shower I am going to see if I can take time to run there. I am going with my mother tho so I doubt that will happen as she does not like to make side trips. The selection was so much larger I have a hard time getting what I want up here without ordering it on the internet. I do prefer to suppot local shops and buy from them first but most of the time that is not the case here as they don't have too much. So I think I will have to order the cotton chenille I want from patternworks and then wait for it to ship, which I also hate having to wait for my yarn too. But alas I knew that would be the case moving to Maine. I mean for god sake they don't even carry my makeup in any local stores up here. Seriously not a single one carry MAC. Can you believe that? Oh well at least I know my girls are safe and will be better off for it. Back to work on the Jovi Baby on lovely size 3's it is not going to fast.

No comments: