Thursday, March 01, 2007

I want to cry and scream. Matter of fact I did cry and scream. Thank God the kids were in bed when this happened as I do not want them repeating what came out of my mouth.
I am so so very upset. I actually started crying. (hubby was giving me some funny looks and was quite concerned as this is very out of character for me)
Now I am not a stresser or a stressed out person. I roll. I don't do gauge (yes it has bitten me in the ass) but I feel that if I knit it and it doesn't fit me or who it is intended for then it was meant for someone else who it does fit. Not much bothers me I can make it work. But this was then end for me last night. I have had a shitty week and the fact that I couldn't start this right away pissed me off so I was so excited to start last night. Too Excited maybe.

Look what happened in less then 10 minutes of starting.


See the scrid of needle in the stitches and the one laying on top. They used to be joined.
I bought these Lantern Moon Ebony size 1 DPN's and this is the first time I used them. I had been dying to try a set of Lantern Moon I heard they were incredible to work with. I finally got me a set. I got the most awesome yarn ever and a way cool pattern. I rock these are going to kick ass. and I will knit them up so fast and easily. HA! Little did I know fate had a much crueler idea in store for me.

I bought them with Blue Sky alpaca to do the Entrelac socks in the new Interweave Knits


I cast on and all was going well. I was not pulling or forcing the stitches it was going easily this yarn is a dream to work with. I did not have to fight it or anything. I was so excited to do these as I have had to put it off for the past week since the ball winder went missing and I had to finish a hat for hubby. I got the ball winder last night from my mom's house where i left it (duh!) and was so excited to ball up the yarn and start these incredible socks. 10 Minutes later. 10 f**king minutes. AHHHHHHHHHHHH!! I screamed cursed and started crying. Hubby now questions my sanity.


I was even too frustrated and upset to get up and look for my bamboo 1's. I think I am not intended to do these socks. Just posting this I want to cry again. Sob!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh that so BITES! I'm sure you can get a replacement for the Lantern Moons, but that is not even the point. I know how disappointing it can be to want so badly to start something and have the forces against you!