Wednesday, March 21, 2007

So here is my entrelac sock.

Here is the progress I have made. Not much I know. Wanna know why it has taken me so long to get this far? Lets put it this way these socks I have come to think are the socks of doom. Since I started them My life has gone to hell.


Since I started knitting them I have had nothing but problems. And not knitting problems. For the most part the knitting has gone smoothly. Just all friggin sorts of other problems.
1. The broken needle started it, then
2. My dog got run over and killed
(she ran out and I didn't know she got off the gated in porch at my mom's house and she made it to the street and got run over)
3. My brand spanking new $400 KitchenAid Pro 600 series died. While I was making the frosting for my afternoon class Sunday morning.
After class went back to linens n' things and got a replacement it was less then 3 weeks old and you just can't kill a KitchenAid Hello!
4. On the way home from class my van starts smoking and I have no heat.
5. It's not covered under the warranty and it cost me $485.00 to fix.
6. My favorite glasses which are just a year old break and that frame has been discontinued so I have to buy new ones.
another $160.00
7. My electric LitterMaid (kitty box) dies. They are $ 200 I went with the $30.00 scoop roll over box.
8. My office flooded this weekend and everything below 2 feet got soaked.
9. I get the smart idea to try my socks on and break another needle.
10. I fell and twisted a vertebrae in my back.


So this is why I have barely made any progress on these lovely socks. And I do love them. It is actually a very easy knit. I have not cursed them, I have not bad mouthed them, and I have worked on them at least a little everyday. But for some reason since I started knitting them bad things have happened to me. At least we are all healthy and OK. At this point I am now bound and determined that I will finish, they will not get the best of me. I will beat them and things will get better. And if they fit me I will wear them proudly and remember this point in my life forever with all the pain that is stitched into each rectangle. Then I will make more!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Those socks are lovely, but I think I'd get rid of them fast! Sorry to hear you are having such a run of bad luck; hopefully, that will change real soon.