Friday, June 16, 2006

Progress on Mermaid. This is a sad and unfortunate push aside. I don't mean to, really I don't. But I was so excited working on this and it worked up so quickly that I was in awe. But lo and behold the recipient is larger than most 5-6 year olds as the pattern says will fit. So....no fit. And that really killed my steam on this, sad to say. I feel really bad too as she is looking forward to this. Once it is done I will have to add a section on the back to make it larger to fit her. It really is no big deal and It is easily fixed but It just kinda brought me down, ya know. I do still love this pattern tho. See how pretty it looks. It really does look like scales. I am impressed with it and I cannot wait to do Keats with the rainbow ribbon yarn and see how it comes out. But I will not let myself start hers until this one is finished.
I finally figured out the happy hooker Yehaw Lady Hat. I started this and tried to do it about 8 times. It just would not line up and was really irritating me. I mean I should be able to do this. It is only crocheting a hat. I know how to crochet basics so with the help of the Happy Hooker book I should be able to do this. Wrong. 8 count them 8 times I tried and gave up after the eighth one. I figured I just cannot do it, I must be doing some thing wrong. I suck! Well surprise to me. I go to the web site and find pattern corrections. Oh lets see if there is any for the hat. Wow there is! And it is on Rnd 2. Whoa nelly lets back up. Okay check corrections on pattern and try again. Viola` It is starting to be a pink Yehaw lady hat. Check it out.......top view
side view. Not to bad if I do say so myself.
 Posted by Picasa

No comments: