Wednesday, July 19, 2006

I have had my SIL's kids for the past 3 weeks. Her bf is working out of town and she works early mornings so the kids spend every night with me and most of the day as they don't want to go home. They go home around 1 in the afternoon and come back around 3 or 4. Sometimes they don't go home at all. So I have not been able to get anything done at all. I keep cleaning. Cleaning and cleaning. I must pick up my living room 5 times a day. The poor baby cannot get down and crawl it is so bad. I have done 3 times the amount of dishes, cooking, and cleaning. I'm starting to go nuts. I hate cleaning (who really doesn't) I mean I don't mind straightening up and doing most stuff it is enjoyable and relaxing. Once a week. NOT 5 times a day. Every once in a while I can sneak in some night time knitting in bed but that doesn't last long. I have been trying to do some of my unfinished projects. Right now I am trying to finish the simply lovely lace socks. I love this pattern. I think It is taking me so long because I wasn't thrilled with the way the color came out and plus I made the biggest one listed and it is still really hard to get on my foot. I don't really have big feet. They are about an 8 1/2 slightly wide but not grossly so. That is part of the reason why I just kinda slowed down on them. I think I will give them to my mom. I was going to try them again with a different sock yarn but my LYS doesn't have a large selection of sock yarn and I am way too impatient to order it of the internet. Maybe I will try it with my sock swap yarn. It might work as the colors are light. I just think this pattern is no good for a multicolored yarn but if I find the correct needles maybe I will try. Right now I do want to finish uncompleted projects. Yeah uh huh, sure, until I see the next one that I cannot resist :-) I love Happy Meal stuff. I wish this fit my head.
4 kids= pandemonium. I have cleaned this living room 5 times a day, and still I get this.
Since my nephew has been here he has wanted to learn to knit. At least I feel like I got something accomplished.
 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love to see a boy knit. I don't envy you at all! I love kids, but not that many at one time and for such a looooooong time - you are a saint! I hope your SIL appreciates what you are doing for her.

What a cute little pirate - gorgeous eyes!