Sunday, July 29, 2007

No knitting today. I did knit but it was way too hot to knit much. More on that tommorrow.
For now I have a fish story.
We went out to the camp my in-laws rent every summer in Stetson, ME.
My husband and his uncle and nephew went out on the boat to go catch some big ones.

My SIL boyfriend went snorkling and caught this Bass. With the net. No hook nothing. Just net baby.


Cousing getting ready to clean the fishy.


And fishy #2 that SIL boyfriend caught with the net. Yup two with just a net and a snorkle.


Me holding fishy for cousin so he could take a picture of it. For those of you who dont' know me I am a petrified of fish. I don't know why I just am. Its not ick factor. I am scared of them the actual phobia is called Ichthyophobia. I don't think I 've gone that far but I am afraid of fish. I cannot put my hand in a tank with guppies in it, I cannot swim in water where I can see them (if I can't see them I'm ok), I can't go fishing. So hubby's out on boat, cousin wants pic, here Barbara hold it. Ugh the sad part is I would not have even done this for my husband I would have told him he was SOL but I don't know said cousin well enough to talk to him like that, I know said cousin does not like me, said cousin and hubby were very close until we got married, so I want said cousin to like me and to regain the closeness he had with hubby so what do I do. Touch a fish. I am so stupid and pathetic. I doubt it worked, I doubt he know what it cost me to touch that fish, I know he doesn't appreciate it, just laughs at me and thinks I'm princessy but I tried.

So knitting will resume tomorrow. I cannot touch my yarn until I am sure there is no fish stink on my hands. :-)
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh! You're Brave,with a capital "B!" I thought I'd just pop in and see how my fellow second-year Hogwarts student and exchange pal was doing, and there she is! Playing with fishies! (and just to be nice--wow! I would have suggested a few places he could...*koff*...put his catch! ;o)
I don't have the fish-fear thing like you do (swimming with them is kinda ticklish ;o), but I don't do that wet-and-slimy texture at all!
Hope you're doing well with your summer activities. Having a heck of a time deciding what kind of yarn and pattern to use for your socks.....
--Minerva,your exchange pal from Hogwarts

Rebecca said...

Fish phobia, eh? You better wash your hands good, girl! I'm a bit surprised you were able to get that close to that yummy looking fish. Are you able to EAT them?