Thursday, August 02, 2007

Remember my spinning issues? It was awful, trust me.

So the wonderful Shannon of Spinsanity Spindles took pity on me and said maybe it's your spindle. Let me send you a better one. And she did and I love it and I think it worked. I think I got it.

Here is my lovely lizard spindle. It is too cute. Perfect for me.


Here is the fiber she sent with it. Thankfully she had it started. I watched some Youtube videos on spinning and I think I got it.
Here is my attempt with the new spindle. Not to bad, Huh?


Another shot.


A stranded shot. I think I did pretty well. I am happy. It looks pretty good, and I love my new spindle. Maybe that's all it was was the spindle I was using. Now below the strand is a bag of alpaca that I had that I was originally trying on the Ashford spindle. Now I am going to attempt to spin the alpaca on the new spindle so far so good. Yeah ME! Yeah Shannon. You are the bomb. YOU ROCK!!!!! Thank you again.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's lovely -- your spinning looks great, and what a fun spindle! I've had no luck with spindles to date, but still want to figure it out.

Spinsanity said...

Awesome!! Your spinning kicks butt now. :-)

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I have one of her spindles and I absolutely love it! I do think the spindle does make all the difference. Your yarn is looking great!

Anonymous said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).