Friday, August 10, 2007

Here are my finished sockapalooza socks. I have been having computer issues so I wasn't able to blog them before this. It is an open eyelet rib pattern, claudia's handpainted in John B colorway. I like the way they came out but not too fond of the differences in the two socks. I hope my pal doesn't mind them. They have been mailed so we will see what she thinks soon.



Little miss thing got a hold of my Spring 2006 IK and chewed on it( see ink on face) I'm not kidding that is ink from her eating the magazine. She ripped most of the mag up, I was like ok whatever until I got to my simply lovely lace socks pattern, which I have on the needles right now. I am at the toe of sock #1 and don't know what to do. I put a post up on Ravelry to see if anyone could help me out with a clean copy of the pattern and I got bitched at for trying to infringe on copyright. I called everyone I know and no one had that issues, they had the one before and the one after but not the Spring one. So I was about a millimeter from ripping and doing a different pattern when a kind soul offered to lend me her copy of the mag once she finds it so I can finish my socks. So to anyone reading this I am sorry if I offened you in anyway by asking for a copy or trying to infring on copyright. I did email the copyright office and they told me it was OK that if a work is published in collective work, i.e. magazine, that has to be purchased, that the owner of said mag is allowed to copy and use or share as long as it is not for profit or commercial use. At that point it is public and fair use. Same as me going to the library and making a copy of an article they have in a magazine there to use. Or the same as my printing off 3 copies of a knitty.com pattern to give to someone who doesn't have a computer. So I figured all was ok posted my message and of course everyone knows better and had issues with it. So I am sorry, I am going to finsh my sock, and I am borrowing a copy of someone's mag to do so, not a photocopy but the actual purchased copy and I will return it to said owner hopefully free or drool. :-) As soon as my home comp (I'm at work) is over the uploading issue I will put a pic of what I have so far up. Dummy me didn't take a pic of the wet ripped mag as hubby was "watching" the children and didn't see the baby eating my patterns, until it was too late to save so he tried to clean the mess up before I got home and there was no evidence. I did get some of the pattern and tried to tape it up but I was still missing the last page with the toe and the chart on it. Once this is done I'm making the brat a pair of these socks :-)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: