Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Look what I gots. Spunky fiber in chocolate cherries.

Yummy!


This is my first half of spinning. Not too great. Not too bad. It is a little inconsistant. Thick in some spots and thin in others but. I'm happy with it. I like the off-ness. It is mine.


Here is batch 2. Much better. Much more consistant. Looks very pretty. Now, do I have to ply the two together? I don't really want to. Can I call it lace weight and do a pattern for the mountain scolf I have from Spunky as well? The original yarn she sent to me for the pattern looks similar to this one. Mine is a little thicker in some spots but overall it is similar. So can I just use this as a single? Is that allowed? Once it is all spun I know I have to set the twist? How do I do that? Just wash and block to dry pulling it tight? Oh well who cares. I spun and it looks good. LOL
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful! You don't have to ply - it's yours; you make the rules :-)

Soak it in hot water and hang it with a light weight to dry.